LEARNING MOTIVATION IN TERMS OF STUDENT’S SELF-CONCEPT AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE

Contenu principal de l'article

Ulfiani Rahman , Rosyidah Annisa, Idham

Résumé

This research was aimed to know: 1. Self-concept image, emotional intelligence, and learning motivation; 2. The influence of self-concept and emotional intelligence towards learning motivation on PAI students, class XI IPS at SMAN 3 Sinjai (Senior high school). The approach used was quantitative which specified to ex post facto. The research was also population research which used 88 students as the subject of the research. The instrument used was the scale of self-concept, emotional intelligence, and the scale of learning motivation as well. The data obtained was analysed with descriptive and inferential statistics in the form of simple and multiple linear regression analysis. The results of descriptive and inferential statistical analysis illustrate that: 1) Self-concept reality of SMAN 3 Sinjai students is in medium category at 62%,; 2) emotional intelligence of students is in medium category at 74%,; 3) PAI learning motivation of students is in the medium category of 69%; 4) Self-concept affects students' learning motivation on Islamic education with an effective contribution of 6.1%, while the remaining 93.9% is influenced by other factors; 5) Emotional intelligence affects students' learning motivation of Islamic Education with an effective contribution of 5.9%, while the remaining 94.1% is influenced by other factors; 6) Self-concept and emotional intelligence affect students' learning motivation of PAI with an effective contribution of 12.8% and the remaining 87.2% influenced by other factors. This result shows that self-concept and emotional intelligence have less powerful influence on the learning motivation of PAI students of class XI at SMAN 3 Sinjai.

Renseignements sur l'article

Rubrique
Articles